I'll start. When I was 13 and getting contact lenses for the first time, I spilled a little gas on my shoes while filling up my mom's gas tank on the way to my eye doctor appt. At the doctor's office, other people started to smell gas and I was too shy to speak up so the police and three fire trucks were called. Firefighters walked all over the office building with air sensors trying to find the gas leak and I nearly pissed myself worrying that their detectors would lead them to my shoe like some kind of divining rod for liars. The office was closed for the rest of the day.
If You’re Coming From The Moth Podcast, Welcome!
11 years ago

So I went to McDonald's to get a diet coke. The chick runs my credit card for the large diet coke, and then realizes they're out. She kept offering and pushing me to get regular coke, so I finally told her I had diabetes. She felt so bad, she gave me six 4-piece nuggets to justify the expense on my card for one soda. So I walked out of there with 24 nuggets.
ReplyDelete